Sales Account Manager
Increase profitable sales in assigned territory by developing current and prospect accounts into commercial sales. Develops sales opportunities and services customer accounts in assigned territory.
Responsible for maintaining all levels of relationships with strategic and other customers within the assigned territory. Assess customer product needs and requirements to achieve budget sales levels. Protects existing account base while introducing and promoting new products to attract new business.
Provides feedback to marketing, applications, product development, and business units on sales and product trends along with customer preferences. Remains current in necessary training programs according to the official company training matrix.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, schedules, and makes regular face-to-face sales calls to assigned accounts and territory prospects. Arranges meetings for various company professionals to provide multi-level support and relationships. Communicates results of sales calls via timely call reports via CRM.
- Develops sales strategies and sales budgets for territory for assigned accounts. Regularly reviews and provides status reports on progress against sales budget.
- Communicates and maintains accurate customer forecasts for product usage.
- Coordinates sales efforts to ensure effective sales service, customer relations, and administrative needs. Investigates customer complaints and assures prompt, effective solutions. Responds to customer inquiries for samples, technical data, and support. Responds to customer inquiries on the use and application of products.
- Obtains and reports marketing data for successful achievement of business objectives and strategies. Monitors trends, competitive activity, product development, and market penetration. Recommends course of action to prevent loss of existing business.
- Daily contact with customers and monitoring of competitive activity in assigned territory.
- Independently identifies customer needs and works closely with Marketing, Product Development, Business Unit Management, and other staff to deliver marketable products in concert with customer needs. Makes decisions on products to demonstrate to customers. Receives limited supervision and direction on territory management.
- Continuous search for new potential accounts as a means for increasing sales in assigned territory (including cold calls to potential customers).
- Perform other duties as required.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Ideal candidate would have 5-7 years of experience calling on the Food and Beverage industry with a focus on the following markets: Beverage, Meat, Soups/Sauces, Health and Wellness, and Snacks.
Must have polished customer relations and sales skills. Ability to coordinate the efforts of company and customer teams and establish strong working relationships. Excellent follow-up and organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Meat Science, Food Science, Chemistry, Business, or similar field
- Results Oriented
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- CRM Management to ensure all account information is up to date
- Sound analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
- 50% Travel Minimum
MEASURE OF PERFORMANCE:
- Revenue growth year over year and to budgeted levels
- Gross Profit Margin management
- Forecast accuracy
- CRM accuracy