Title: Quality Assurance Manager
Implement and monitor procedures, standards and specifications to meet FFP’s food safety and quality goals, insuring continuous production of products consistent with food safety and consistent with all local, state and national regulations and customer requirements. Support plant operations and provide assistance to the operations team. Oversight of all Quality activities.
Key Knowledge/Functional Skills/Competencies
• HACCP and food safety management (including HARPC)
• FDA requirements
• Process Knowledge Food Manufacturing
• GMP & Personnel Hygiene Management
• Sanitation & Pest Control Management
• Customer Focus
• Technical/Functional Skills
• Hiring & Staffing
• Building Effective Teams, good interpersonal skills
• Communication skills, oral and written
• Must possess good communication and possess the highest integrity in conducting business affairs. Must exercise maturity and sound judgment in all dealings with vendors and customers. Must be able to work independently, organize tasks, and manage workload. Must be able to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations, while defending decisions in a knowledgeable and rational manner. Must be able to interpret customer requirements and government regulations and apply to the products and processes of Florida Food Products
• B.S. degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Engineering or related technical field
• Minimum five years’ experience in a quality control laboratory, and three to five years’ experience in Quality management with demonstrated leadership experience within the field.
• Basic understanding of regulatory and food law
• Certifications in HACCP, SQF, and FSPCA Preventive Controls. Background in environmental monitoring and auditing.
• Working knowledge of GMPs for food as described in 21CFR 117.
Title: Maintenance Mechanic Level II and III
Job Summary: Responsible for performing electrical, mechanical and PLC troubleshooting to determine problems in non-functioning electro-mechanical equipment used in the manufacturing process. Dismantles, adjusts, repairs, and assembles equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, operating or repair manuals, rough sketches or drawings. Uses tests and diagnostic equipment to perform checkouts. Rebuilds manufacturing equipment as required. May perform equipment modifications as directed by Maintenance Manager.
Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new assignments. This position will deal with high level of stress as it involves troubleshooting and repairing the equipment under specific time constraints.
Title: HPLC Chemist
Job Summary: This role focuses on analytical laboratory activities for specific testing involving HPLC; participation in a variety of analytical/microbiological support activities is required. Work is performed through the application of a body of knowledge related to standard laboratory methods, practices, procedures, policies, regulations, and laboratory materials and equipment.
Title: R&D Lab Technician
Job Title: Research & Development Lab Technician
Department: Research & Development
Reports to: Director of R&D
• R&D Lab Technician will assist scientists in setting up experiments, samples and/or reagents preparation, equipment maintenance, data collection etc.
Essential Duties and Key areas of responsibilities:
• Demonstrate good laboratory practice knowledge
• Perform analytical testing with accuracy to support quality initiatives
• Prepare reagents and solutions using standard procedures
• Prepare samples for trade shows and for product development activities as directed
• Support scientist in preparation, set up, and documentation of test results etc.
• Maintain instruments including daily calibrations and ensure lab and pilot equipment are ready and available for use including cleaning and set up.
• Maintain chemical storage and inventory and support chemical waste management.
• Execute tests/experiments as directed
• Effectively communicate with lab and operations personnel
• Flexible to work night shifts on occasion to support project work
Terms of Employment:
• Full time position with full benefits as offered by Florida Food Products, Inc.
• Relevant lab experience highly desirable
• Working knowledge of analytical instruments/methods
• Technical college Associate’s degree preferred
• Good communication skills
• Proficiency in MS office such as Excel
• Capable of safely lifting 30-50 lbs.
Title: Vice President of Operations – Reporting to the CEO
• Oversee all manufacturing operations and personnel
• Ensure that all production, safety, quality and financial goals are met
• As a member of the executive management team, assist in the development of the company’s overall strategic goals
• Work closely with the Research & Quality teams to help develop new products and manufacturing processes
• Control and authorize purchases of plant equipment, materials, and supplies in accordance with company guidelines and established accounting procedures
• Ensure compliance meets or exceeds standards in the areas of safety, environmental, sanitation and good manufacturing practices
• Work closely with Finance to help develop cost and capital expenditure budgets and forecasts
• Work closely with Supply Chain to ensure customer satisfaction and achievement of planned inventory levels
• Ensure the effective training and development training of manufacturing personnel
• Develop and implement improved operating methods and processes to eliminate manufacturing issues, reduce costs, and improve product quality
• Oversee the maintenance team and processes to ensure reduced mechanical downtime and improved finished product yields
• Provide the accurate information and reports necessary for sound decision making
• Effectively represent the company with government agencies and industry groups
Communication and Influence
• Serve as a change agent to drive process improvements and cultural change
• Create alignment of company goals with manufacturing goals and objectives
• Exceptional leadership skills
• Proven ability to mentor and motivate
Knowledge and Experience
• 10 – 15 years of experience in a food facility management role, with a strong background in successfully managing critical assignments
• BS degree in Chemical Engineering preferred
• Knowledge of production management, organizational management, food safety, production flow dynamics, budgeting, employee relations
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong verbal, written and analytical skills
• Proven ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management
Please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org