Job Title: Blend Room Level 3 Operator
Department: Blend Room
Reports to: Production Manager, Wet
The Batching Level 3 Lead will be responsible for insuring that the products produced achieve the highest quality possible and meet correct formulation. This important function will be achieved by adherence to correct mixing instructions, specifications, testing and monitoring the production process from beginning to end.
Primary Job Function:
1. Assist Supervisor to ensure the Department complies with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control (HACCP) and Safe Quality Foods (SQF).
2. Works safely and ensures the department complies with all safety rules.
3. Keeps Production Line(s) running by performing and managing assigning duties in a timely fashion.
4. Batch Products using correct formulation and mixing instructions to comply with appropriate quality specifications.
5. Verify inventory of raw materials, including Dry ingredients, Concentrates, and other additives used in the manufacturing process.
6. Perform basic laboratory test by following the required procedures and accurately record the data from these test results.
7. Control finished product blending equipment to produce a quality product that insures fitness for use and maximize the case yield for each batch.
8. Communicate appropriate information to supervision and department employees.
9. Maintain equipment and instrumentation in proper working condition.
10. Perform other tasks as assigned by management.
11. Count concentrates and raw materials as required.
12. Coordinate production changeover requirements with the appropriate production personnel to minimize downtime.
13. Maintain appropriate documentation and related reports.
14. Keep Blending, Filling and warehouse areas clean per GMP’s.
15. Responsible for re-working out-of-spec product created on the shift.
16. Order Lab supplies as needed.
17. Package samples for QA sampling.
18. When blending operation is completed, report to supervisor on duty.
19. Responsible for the facility’s food safety and food quality programs to assure compliance and achieve desired results.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
1. Able to manage multiple shifts
2. Able to read and follow instructions.
3. Able to do basic math calculations accurately.
4. Able to learn the blending procedures.
5. Be a qualified forklift operator. (Company will provide training)
6. Able to complete any required paperwork accurately.
7. Able to perform minor adjustments on blending equipment.
1. Have good attendance.
Work weekends and overtime as required.
We offer competitive wages, paid vacation and holidays, medical insurance, a 401(k) plan, and more
Job Title: Fermentation Operator
Reports to: Production Supervisor/Shift Lead and Production Manger
Fermentation Technician supports fermentation for Upstream Processing as well as occasional projects/support to include processes monitoring and sampling, routine sample analysis. The technician ensures that production is running according to Daily weekly plan.
Essential Duties and Primary Responsibilities
• Assist Supervisor to ensure the Department complies with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control (HACCP) and Safe Quality Foods (SQF).
• Works safely and ensures the department complies with all safety rules.
• Carry out microbial fermentations and analysis according to batch records using good sterile technique
• Ongoing utilization and monitoring of fermentation equipment and process control systems to ensure parameters are within specified operating ranges
• Performs minor mechanical and instrumentation troubleshooting; takes appropriate corrective action as needed
• Completes batch records and enter fermentation data into databases
• Contacts Supervisor, QC or R&D for guidance in the event of unplanned deviations; follows guidance and direction accordingly
• Completes basic fermentation lab procedures ensuring accuracy and validity of results and assist with general laboratory procedures such as but not limited to preparation of solvents, buffers, resins, reagent solutions, media prep; measuring and dispensing of solid and liquid chemicals and raw materials.
• Cleaning and sterilization of fermentation equipment, instrumentation, materials and processing areas; Performs culture sterilization techniques
• Executes on various projects as developed by R&D.
• Performs housekeeping tasks as assigned Per GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices)
• Other duties as assigned or required
Job Skills, Abilities and Qualifications
• Physically able to climb ladders multiple times a shift, repetitively lift 40-50lbs, Bending, twisting, walking/standing and kneeling.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, set priorities, and make decisions with general guidance and supervision
• Detail oriented and highly organized with a strong work ethic
• Demonstrated experience of record tracking and coordinating
• Exceptional communication (verbal, written) and organizational skills required
• Ability to resolve problems and communicate status in a timely manner
• Passion for biotechnology/science
• Understanding of key scientific terms is required (e.g., HPLC; centrifuge; PH; bioreactors; beakers; test tubes; pipets)
• Ability to effectively multi-task in order to meet deadlines and commitments
• Ability to build long-term relationships easily and naturally
• Ability to work in fast-paced, team-oriented environment necessary
• Extremely flexible with a positive and “can do” attitude
• Must appreciate and respect the necessity for confidentiality
• Demonstrated and intermediate expertise utilizing MS Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook)
• Experience using computers and software programs required
• Candidates must be able to work any shift as needed per schedule (4-10’s / weekends)
• All new hires are required to go through a background and reference check
• Have good attendance.
We offer competitive wages, paid vacation and holidays, medical insurance, a 401(k) plan, and more.